The NovaSure procedure is safe and comfortable in either the operating room or the office setting. Unique radiofrequency impedance-based technology delivers customized, proven patient results.
Outstanding results from the market-leading global endometrial ablation system:
- 97% avoidance of hysterectomy at 5 years1
- 9 out of 10 patients return to normal levels of bleeding or lower2
- 93% patient satisfaction in pivotal trial3
- Superior results in comparison studies with other global endometrial ablation modalities4,5,
Impedance-based technology customizes patient results
The NovaSure System:
- Offers a consistent depth of ablation, regardless of endometrial thickness, customized to uterine cavity size
- Is the only system with a proactive safety check prior to procedure to assess cavity integrity
- Requires no pretreatment and is not cycle dependent
Steps of the NovaSure Procedure:
|The NovaSure electrode array expands to conform to the contours of each patientï¿½s uterine cavity.|
|A unique proactive safety test called the Cavity Integrity Assessment is performed. The NovaSure system uses a small amount of CO2 to verify cavity integrity prior to performing the procedure.|
|The NovaSure endometrial ablation procedure delivers radiofrequency energy until tissue impedance reaches 50 ohms; on average, the procedure is completed in approximately 90 seconds.3|
|The electrode array is retracted for easy removal, leaving the uterine lining desiccated down to the superficial myometrium.|
THERMACHOICE® – For Heavy Periods
GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® Uterine Balloon Therapy System
If you’ve been reluctant to talk to your friends or your doctor about your heavy periods, you may not realize how common they are – or that you don’t have to accept the limits heavy periods can put on your lifestyle.
One effective treatment for heavy periods is a global endometrial ablation (GEA) procedure called GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® Uterine Balloon Therapy System. GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® is an effective, nonhormonal, permanent treatment for heavy periods. It involves a minimally invasive, 8-minute procedure that is preformed the hospital.
Studies have shown that:
- 95% of women treated with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® returned to normal levels of menstrual bleeding or lower
- 89% of patients had a reduction of menstrual pain and cramping
- 96% of patients reported satisfaction with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE®
A Solution: GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® Uterine Balloon Therapy System
GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® is a soft, flexible balloon that a doctor inserts in the uterus (womb) to treat the endometrium, the lining of the uterus. GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® is an effective, nonhormonal treatment for heavy periods. It involves a minimally invasive, 8-minute procedure that is performed in the hospital.
There are a number of options for managing heavy periods. Most doctors recommend birth control pills initially to manage heavy periods, but for many women, this option is either ineffective or undesirable. They can cause weight gain, moodiness and breast tenderness, and may not ultimately be effective in reducing heavy periods.
If birth control pills have not been effective in reducing your heavy periods, global endometrial ablation (GEA) treatments like GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® may offer an effective option.2
How does GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® work?
GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® uses a method called global endometrial ablation (GEA) to remove the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
Here’s how it works:
- A small soft, flexible balloon attached to a thin catheter (tube) is first passed through the vagina and cervix, and then placed gently into the uterus. No incision is required. The balloon is made of silicone material, eliminating the risk of allergy for latex-sensitive women.
- The balloon is then filled with fluid so that it inflates to the unique contours of the uterus.
- The fluid is gently heated and circulated in the uterus for 8 minutes while the lining of the uterus is treated.
When the treatment is completed, all the fluid is withdrawn from the balloon, and the catheter is removed. Nothing remains in the uterus. The treated uterine lining will shed, like during a period, over the next 7-10 days.
All information is from the actual Novasure and Thermachoice websites. No copyright infringement intended.